How to create BigCommerece API Credentials/Accounts
To get the API Credentials, you have to create API Accounts in the admin page of your BigCommerce store. Only the user set as store owner can create API Accounts, and a maximum of 50 accounts can be created per store.
Creating Store API Account
- Login to your BigCommerce admin panel.
- Go to Advanced Settings > API Accounts.
- Click Create API Account button. Choose Create V2/V3 API Token.
- Enter a Name for the app/migration corresponding to this account. Then copy or make note of the API Path – you’ll need it to interact with the API.
- Under OAuth Scopes, specify the API resources and permissions to which your app/migration requires access. If you’re creating API for them development/customization purpose then you should specify only theme to modify. (that is enough for develop/customize theme).
6. Click on Save button. If it’s successful, a .txt file containing the API credentials will download to your computer and a pop-up containing the same credentials will be displayed.
7. Store this credentials to a safe place by copying/pasting the contents of each field out of the pop-up or by keeping the downloaded .txt file. Don’t forget to store your API Path at step 4.